Mississippi College and Career Readiness Standards (Grades K-5)
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Intervention and Student Support
- English Limited (EL/LE) Student Support
Literacy-Based Promotion Act
The Literacy-Based Promotion Act, passed during the 2013 legislative session, places an emphasis on grade-level reading skills for students, particularly as they progress through grades K-3.
Beginning in the 2014-2015 school year, a student scoring at the lowest achievement level in reading on the established state assessment for 3rd grade will not be promoted to 4th grade unless the student meets the good cause exemptions for promotion.
For more information, click on the link(s) below:
- Literacy-Based Promotion Act
- Mississippi Department of Education’s Literacy Toolkit
- MDE MKAS2 Grade 3 Summative Assessment Parent Informational Flyer
MS Curriculum Framework
Social Studies and Science Resources
Contemporary Health and Physical Education Resources